XBox SmartGlass version 2.0 just got released by Microsoft and the app is now also available for iOS devices, including the iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch. Let's take a closer look on what's new in version 2.0, shall we?
XBox SmartGlass version 2.0 has the following new features:
- Edit your Xbox profile
- Message your Xbox friends
- Change up your 3D avatar
- Track and compare your achievements with your Xbox friends
- Enjoy rich, interactive experiences from select game and entertainment content creators
- Search the full Xbox catalog of music, video, and games
- Play, pause, fast forward, rewind, and stop videos and music on your Xbox 360
- Browse the Internet on your Xbox 360 with full keyboard and zooming
- Use your phone's keyboard to type to your Xbox 360
- Navigate your Xbox 360 with swipe and tap
The Xbox SmartGlass app is free to download in iTunes for iOS and in Google Play Store for Android. Unfortunately, the Xbox SmartGlass app 2.0 version currently do not support the iPhone 5 and the 5th-generation iPod Touch. The app first launched on Xbox 360 and Windows 8 devices.
Moreover, this app can also be use in Xbox games such as Forza Horizon, Dance Central 3 and Halo 4.
Below is a video walkthrough of the awesome stuff you can do on the Xbox SmartGlass version 2.0.
Video Credit: YouTube/Xbox