A new Apple iPad 5 that is thinner and lighter is rumored to launch in the first quarter of next year, according to a new report. Let me summarize the bits and pieces of this iPad 5 rumor for you.
iPad (5th-generation) Specs (rumored):
- Will be like iPad Mini in detail, and be thinner and lightweight
- Will have a redesigned externals resembling that of the iPad Mini
- Height: 4 mm shorter, Width: 17 mm narrower, Depth: 2 mm thinner (than current iPad)
- Internals may be the same as the iPad 4
- May be released in March of 2013, or middle of 2013
In addition, the increasing competition from rival companies like Samsung, Google, Amazon and Microsoft may also play a big part for Apple's noticeable shift in the production cycle of its mobile products in the last few months.